Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oh, I almost forgot to mention..

I just came across the note that stated that at 12:05am this morning, the Barley Marathons officially got underway. If you've never heard about the Barkley, do yourself a favor and spend 10 minutes reading about what this thing is all about. There aren't many races in this world I would never consider doing, but this is one of them.

The Barkley Marathons

There are only 14 guys running it this year, and I sort of "know" one of them.

Pray for all of the runners. In this race, prayer is the only thing that will bring them through.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...no thank you - that's ridiculous. Hope those competing end up okay (finishing or not)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything that makes you not want to run the Barkley turns out to be the exact same thing that make me want to run it...As I type this, Bret Maune is still out on his 5th loop, some 50+ hours after starting....

    Those people are crazy...

    ReplyDelete