Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The day draws near

The weather is getting cooler here in Georgia and this runner is pretty Happy with that fact. Training at 70 degrees is far easier than at 95 degrees. I dread the time of year when we lose actual daylight hours, but it's a trade-off so we have to take the good with the bad.

In terms of training, it continues to go very well. I have hit 97% of my workouts without problem and my body is feeling stronger each week. I've been able to put in some reasonably long trail runs on Pine Mountain, which have strengthened my overall confidence.

The Pinhoti 100 is now less than 2 months away and I'm not able to think about much else these days. I bounce between excitement and fear. Zeal and trepidation.  Enthusiasm and reluctance.  It's an emotional battle that goes on all day long, every day. I've never dealt with this before. Never.

Everything considered,  I'm more curious and excited than anything else. I keep reminding myself that this is going to be a learning experience and not some type of time trial for my mental state. It's tough though, when you try to balance your optimism and confidence with the realization that you really don't know what you're getting into simply because you have never done it before.

It drives your brain to ache just trying to piece it all together.

Welcome to my reality for the next 7 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment