Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Something feels different THIS time

Well, the weeks continue to roll on along and my training for my upcoming goal race does as well. I don't think I have mentioned it here on the blog, but I am planning on running the Pinhoti 100 Mile Endurance Run on Nov 3-4.

My first 100 miler.

A lot of differing emotions come to mind when I allow myself to think about the race. On one hand, I am completely humbled by the thought of 100 miles across 16,100 feet of elevation gain. On the other, the thought of spending up to 30 hours along the Pinhoti Trail is absolutely the most incredible way I can imagine to spend a weekend. I'm definitely going into this thing with a holy reverence for the distance, terrain and the inevitable suffering that I know is coming.

That being said, there are moments that I get so stoked, I can hardly stay seated in my chair. At this point in my training, it's gone well and I honestly think I can do this, I really do. But the fear of the unknown is real. Like, 100 miles of real.

The TNF 50 will take place 3 weeks prior to Pinhoti and I'm already registered to run it as a final 50 mile long run with aid stations. I'm not running it with any expectations other than to get in the mileage. I do, however, want to complete it within the cutoffs.  I'd be lying if I said otherwise.  Slot could change between now and TNF, but hopefully my body will continue to stay strong and get stronger with the training peak that is not far from now. It's a wait and see type of thing, but as for now, Pinhoti is ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment