Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Feeling the freshness

Now, as many of you know, every now and then I like to sport a pair of colorful running shoes. Nothing gawdy, of course, but I'm definitely not a "black, grey and tan" kinda guy. Just who I am, I guess.

Until today, I've always thought the LunarFly's were about as flashy/colorful as you could reasonably get (aside from some of the Newton's, which are pushing the color limits, even for me).

Wrong I was.

I just got the Brooks Green Silence kicks in, and I gotta tell you, they're mighty odd looking. I feel like Green Lantern when I'm wearing them. All I need now is a green mask, and power ring and I'm ready to take out the bad guys...

But, and I do mean BUT, these shoes are like nothing I've ever felt before. I'm not sure that words can adequately convey just how feather-like they truly feel. Since they have no tongue, the fit is really like having a piece of cloth wrapped around your foot from the arch outward to the top. The lacing system is very unique because of the lack of a traditional tongue.

I'm going out for a 14 miler in a couple of hours, and I'll do a post tomorrow giving my first impressions of how they held up on the run. For now...

Green Lantern. Out.

3 comments:

  1. New shoes are always nice. I really should get some, I'm way past due. I like the green ones, yellow and red are a bit much for me. If I was super speedy I could maybe pull it off but as I am....I think it would be a no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new shoes! Feather light is always positive in my book:)

    ReplyDelete