Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feelin' Homer's pain

Today was a nice leisurely 5-6 miler, at least on paper.

But...

I just didn't have much kick in my legs this morning. I felt fine physically, but the legs were just a bit fatigued, and I'm not sure why. I haven't put too many miles on them in the past few days (about 20, I think), so I am leaning more to my nutrition loading in the last 24 hours or so. I don't think I've been fueling very well, or at least not very efficiently.

Planning on a 9 miler Friday morning to get me ready for a solid 13 miler on Saturday morning when I take our oldest son to Cross Country practice at a nearby park.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough time. Make sure you're hydrating well all the time and don't forget rest is not a bad thing.

    Good luck with the 9 and 13 milers - I'm sure you'll kill both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tend to not think about hydration when on the run, except for during races. I definitely short circuit myself somewhat by doing this, so I'm trying to change my habit this summer.

    Funny how completely stupid I am to keep tripping over the same training mistakes time and time again...

    I'm just not very bright...

    ReplyDelete