Friday, February 26, 2010

Fully recovered and puttin' on the miles

It's been 10 days since the Mercedes Marathon, and I am now completely recovered. The past four or five days have felt pretty normal in terms of ease and pace, so I think I've been mostly recovered since last weekend. The last four days have seen me add up a decent mileage count, and I have been feeling fine in spite of it. This is all good news since the ING Georgia Marathon is now less than three weeks away.

I ran a 10 mile marathon pace run last night, and it was pretty uneventful. Tonight, I am going to try and squeeze in an easy 5 miles or so. Tomorrow will see a 12-14 mile long run, with Sunday as a rest day. I should finish up this week somewhere around 44 miles. Not a bad total for the start of a traditional marathon taper period at three weeks out.

On the topic of shoes, I have decided that the Gel Foundation 5's are just not working for me. I've contacted Road Runner Sports about swapping them out for a pair of the  Kayano 15's that have been such a great shoe for me in the past. A sales rep was supposed to call me back this afternoon to arrange the exchange, but they never did.  Grrrrr.......

Happy running .

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good week. Glad the recovery went well and your back on track for the next marathon. I envy you the ease you seem to have with the running - I hope I can be dedicated enough to get myself to that point!

    ReplyDelete