Monday, November 28, 2011

Update: Where I've been; Where I'm headed

I've always had a problem with blogs that I really get interested in, follow on a regular basis, and then find that the author seems to fall off the wagon in terms of regular updates.

Don't throw stones from glass houses, guys. I'm guilty. Lesson learned.

I'm now getting back on-track and on-line with this blog, so I owe to you, the reader, a status of what I've been working through since late Summer.

In pseudo-order of importance, here is what has been happening:

* Training for the North Face 50 mile endurance run in Pine Mtn went extremely well throughout the summer months. I logged my highest monthly mileage totals over the hottest months of the year and felt great in the process.

* In the 4 weeks leading up to the TNF 50 miler, I allowed my mileage to slip a bit. On paper, this wasn't a huge issue, but it proved to allow an ever-so-small sliver of self-doubt begin to enter my mind. That proved to be nearly fatal on race day. Race day saw me completely blow up around Mile 20-something. My nutrition went horribly south, my stomach turned on me (that's NEVER happened before) and I simply ran out of gas. When you can't eat or drink calories, you simply stop moving. I certainly did. I'm still working to get over my 1st DNF.

* I am now training for the Iron Horse 100k Endurance Run that will take place in February. Really looking forward to this race and I believe this is where redemption will take place.






* Just started running in a pair of Brooks PureFlow size 12's. Without question, these are the best, most comfortable pair of running shoes I've ever worn. Period. Go. Buy. Some.

That catches you up on where I am right now. Starting today, I'll be back to regular blog updates, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the DNF that is always tough to get over but wow what a come back you're planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the DNF - but it happens and you're moving past it and looking forward to redemption so that's all that really matters.

    Glad you found a pair of shoes that you really love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the DNF. :( Keep training for your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice update, thanks!

    cool green shoes too.

    ReplyDelete