Monday, April 25, 2011

Cody's Run 5k - PR (It's the little things in life...)

I haven't ran any races less than marathon distance in over a year now.  In fact, I wasn't even sure that I had the capacity to run a quick, short race.

Saturday morning saw me line up for a local 5k, and I was pretty stoked. No pains or injuries, so I was able to show up trained and ready.

Since my training is not aimed at short distance speed, 5k races don't see me winning anything other than my age group.

It was a definitely challenging course, but I ended up with a new PR of 21:35...

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Enjoy those little things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the PR...look at you setting a PR when you aren't "trained" for the 5K distance - just goes to show how much your base has improved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good local 5K. It's like a shot in the arm. But fun. Congrats on the PR!

    ReplyDelete