Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A change in plans ... this could be pretty good

Well, the kids are back in school and it has been crazy busy around here. With new homework assignments, class schedules, and JV Cross Country, we have been busy busy.

Marathon training continues to go well, and I am setting new mileage records each month. With the conclusion of August, I logged nearly 190 miles.

Pretty happy with that.

But, these changes have really made our October marathon trip to North Carolina impractical, if not impossible to accomplish. Add to it the fact that we will going to Dosney three months later. and the decision is obvious.

I notified the race director that I was dropping out, but insisted he hold me a slot for 2011, which he said he would do.

Here is the good news though. I am going to be running ny first ultra instead. The North Face brings the Endurance Challenge 50 miler/50k to my area on Oct.12, and I am going to absolutely be there at the Start Line.

I hate to miss the Ridge to Bridge Marathon 2010, but being able to run my first ultra is going to be pretty cool too. All in all, I can't complain one bit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - an ultra is pretty awesome! Can't wait tohear all about it!

    ReplyDelete