Monday, July 19, 2010

Training pays dividends

Moving into Training week 7, I continue to feel the benefits of consistent training each and every run. I know each one of you can relate to this, but it never ceases to amaze me how adaptable God's creation really is.


The last couple of days have seen me nail down a couple of 10 milers, another 8, a 6, and a smittering of lesser distances to boot. Since I am running with Joshua, our 11 year old, I usually get a bonus 6-8 miles per week with him.


Loves me some bonus miles goodness !!


Another training improvement I see each cycle centers on how much quicker I recover from hard runs. A tough workout is still tough, but its not debilitating. And it doesn't take me a day to get recovered from it. This is very key to my mental training as well since self confidence is so integral to being able to train at progressively difficult efforts.


Finally, I an more able to try and enforce more control over my nutrition. Training will cause you to look more closely at what you are consuming. When I begin to see food as fuel, I make better nutrition choices


Hoping your training is progressing well.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. It sounds like everything is coming together for you and that's got to feel good!

    ReplyDelete