Friday, April 9, 2010

Droid on the way...

I'm like a kid in a candy store today. Our contract with Verizon Wireless is nearing its end, so a phone upgrade was coming - that's good news, no?

Yes!

But, I got an email from Verizon a few days back telling me that since my phone is the "Primary" on the account, I could go ahead and upgrade NOW. Sweeet!

I have been really wanting some type of smartphone device - First, it was the iPod Touch. Then the iPhone started looking like a winner to me. Just to have the web connectivity, email, sports, news, etc. would be great. Especially since the company I work for has locked down our internet access to the point that it is unusable.

With the recent news of the pending release of a Verizon Network-ready iPhone, that really seemed like what I wanted to wait on, but then I started hearing more about the Droid. I did a fair amount of research into reviews, user comments, etc, and I decided to go with the Droid Eris by HTC. I like the form factor, and the apps that are available make it a solid choice for me.

When does Santa get here, anyway ??!!

(I'll try to get back to actual running topics on my next post ;))

1 comment:

  1. I have an iPhone and love it, but I have a lot of friends with htc smart phones and they all like them!

    ReplyDelete