Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Marathon #1 of 4...in 5 days...

Wow! Is it race season already !???? It seems like I just finished my last Fall marathon and was looking forward to Thanksgiving! Where did the time go?? I have such a difficult time when I don't have a marathon on the schedule/calendar within 3 months or so. The first race of the season marks the beginning of Spring for me - bring on the sunshine, longer days, warmer temps and baseball season, baby !!

It's difficult to believe that the long dry spell of marathon-less months is finally over. In 5 days, I will line up at the starting line for the 2010 Callaway Gardens Marathon in beautiful Pine Mountain. This will be my 7th marathon overall, and the 2nd time I've run the full 26.2 mile race at CG. I'm really pumped for it, and I'm ready for race day to get here!

My marathon schedule following Callaway:

Mercedes Benz Marathon - Birmingham, AL Feb 14, 2010
Albany Marathon - Albany, GA Mar 6, 2010
ING Georgia Marathon - Atlanta, GA Mar 31, 2010
(insert random Summer marathon here::)
Ridge to Bridge Marathon - Jonas Ridge, NC Oct 24, 2010
Pine Mountain 40 mile Trail Race - Pine Mountain, GA Dec 7, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment